Royal Canadian Legion Branch #58 (written by Larry Greer)
Kennebecasis Branch #58 of the Royal Canadian Legion received its charter on October 10, 1946 with twelve (12) charter members. The Ladies Auxiliary was formed in 1948. The new branch moved into its first building, near the Rothesay Yacht Club, in 1949. They remained there until the building was lost to fire on November 4, 1958.
The branch then relocated to 68 Hampton Road, where a second floor was added to the building sometime during the 1960s. Another expansion took place in 1981, a time when the branch reached a membership of about 500.
In 2002, with membership down to about 220, it was decided to sell the building and find an alternate suitable location. The building was first leased to Touchstone Community School (co-occupied by the school and the branch), and then sold to them in 2006, at which time the Legion Branch moved out and purchased a business condominium unit located at 61 Marr Road.
Currently Branch #58 has about 270 members. It still retains ownership of Veterans' Memorial Park, located in front of 68 Hampton Road which is leased to the Town of Rothesay on a long term lease. The branch also is actively involved in 58 Legion Court, a seniors complex housing 32 apartments, located in Quispamsis.